Les Mills Group Fitness
What is Les Mills Group Fitness?
A better question would be who is Les Mills? Les Mills, a four-time Olympian, started his first gym in Auckland, New Zealand in 1968. Now, nearly four decades on, LES MILLS™ workouts are loved by millions and available in clubs and gyms across the planet.
After witnessing the aerobics phenomenon in the United States, Phillip Mills (Les Mills' son) and wife Jackie, began developing high-energy aerobics and strength classes. And since then, they have continued designing workouts that inspire people to get results. We provide classes for a number of these workout systems, listed below. To learn more about LES MILLS™, visit the official website at LesMills.com.
BODYATTACK™ is the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYATTACK™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, you strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. Like all the LES MILLS ™ programs, a new BODYCOMBAT™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography.
- 1. You’ll begin by learning all the moves that will be used throughout the class, and warming up your body and mind for the battle ahead.
- 2. Visualize your opponent and unleash into a series of fight combinations. The focus is on speed, power and endurance. There will be time to recover as you prepare for the each phase, with a final fight for your life that will seal the deal on your fitness objectives.
- 3. Finally, you will take to the floor and cap off the workout with some strength training. Then it’s payback time – stretch out those hard-worked muscles after your fight.
Your BODYCOMBAT™ instructor will lead you through a series of moves from a range of martial arts, to a series of different music tracks.
BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYPUMP ™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography. BODYPUMP™ is designed to improve strength and endurance in the major muscle groups and, in doing so, burn calories. We use carefully chosen music tracks to guide you through the class with maximum effect. The usual length of each class is 60 minutes.
- 1. BODYPUMP™ begins with a warm-up to get your body moving, using light weights only.
- 2. Your instructor will then guide you through the main part of the workout, focusing on each of the major muscle groups, including your chest, back, shoulders, and abdominals. We’ve got all the important muscles covered, and we guarantee you’ll be feeling the burn by the time you’re on to the cool down.
- 3. Lastly, down tempo music will accompany you while you stretch your muscles out to finish the workout and help reduce the risk of muscle soreness or injury.
Les Mills GRIT™Cardio - 30 minutes of extreme fat burn. An explosive workout that needs no equipment. Burn fat fast with the hottest fitness trend on the planet. Maximize calorie burn with this combination of high impact body weight exercise. Cardio is scientifically proven to get results, and high intensity interval training takes it to a whole new level.
Les Mills GRIT™Plyo - 30 minutes of high intensity interval training. How bad do you want it? High intensity interval training is scientifically proven to provide better results than any other type of training. Based on the principles of plyometrics, this workout uses the bench to build power and leg strength.Transforms up to 40% more muscle fiber producing the lean, athletic shape you are crying out for.
Les Mills GRIT™Strength - 30 minutes of high intensity interval training.Training goes to the next level with the hottest fitness trend on the planet. Hit it hard. Blasting all major muscle groups, get pushed out of your comfort zone and leave with lean, toned muscle.Using barbells, plates and the bench, 30 minutes later it's all over but metabolism stays in overdrive for hours afterwards. It's the guaranteed fat burn you want.
Exercising muscles around the core, CXWORX™ provides the vital ingredient for a stronger body. A stronger core makes you better at all things you do, from everyday life to your favorite sports - it’s the glue that holds everything together.
All the moves in CXWORX™ have options, so it’s challenging but achievable for your own level of fitness. During the 30-minute workout trained instructors guide you through correct technique as you work with resistance tubes and weight plates, as well as body weight exercises like crunches, and hovers. You will also get into some hip, butt and lower back exercises.